Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive skin rejuvenation treatment that involves abrading away the top layer of skin known as the stratum corneum that consists of dead skin cells.
This process, if done correctly, will exfoliate while also reduce fine lines and wrinkles, reduce age spots, increase collagen production, reduce scarring, improve skin texture, minimize enlarged pores, and promote skin cell division. Diamond microdermabrasion machines employ real diamond heads with high powered vaccuum to effectively exfoliate the top layer of skin and immediately vacuum it up into the filters. This type of microdermabrasion is seen as preferential by many skin care professionals because it can be used around the eyes, nose, and there are no messy crystals left behind.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion include:
- Fresh Healthy glowing younger skin with enhanced texture and increased elasticity
- Reduced age spots, sun spots, and blemishes
- Reduced acne scars
- Reduced stretch marks
- Rejuvenation of sun damaged skin – face, back, neck, shoulders, arms, legs
- Minimization of blotchy skin colouring
- Elimination or smoothing of fine wrinkles
- Extraction of blackheads and whiteheads.
- Lessing of oily type skin.
- Reduction of acne scars and other superficial scars, elimination of some scarring.
- Reduction of acne
- Improvement of overall skin health and skin capillary circulation